Tennis fans will be locked out of the Australian Open from 11:59 p.m. local time Friday (7:59 a.m. ET) as the state of Victoria prepares for a five-day lockdown amid a growing COVID-19 cluster in the city’s outer suburbs.

On Friday morning, with the state’s active case tally standing at 19, the Victorian Cabinet met and decided the safest course of action was to return to Stage 4 restrictions and place the state back into lockdown, for a minimum of five days, meaning fans will be unable to attend the Australian Open until at least the quarterfinal stage in Week 2.

“The UK strain is moving at a velocity that has not been seen anywhere in our country, and this is the advice I have been given by our health experts,” Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews said during a news conference on Friday. “In terms of how the tennis will comply, I will let them speak, [but] sporting events will function as a workplace but not for entertainment because there will be no crowds.”

“Play will continue, the players will compete in a bubble not dissimilar to what they’ve been doing for the last year,” Tiley said. “Those that will be allowed on site will be players and direct support teams, as well as staff members unable to do their work from home. … Those essential to the delivery of the event will be on site.”

The state’s outbreak began at the Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport last week, and has now risen to 13 cases — five of which were locally acquired on Thursday. All cases at the hotel are presumed to be the UK strain of the coronavirus, which is proving to be highly contagious and more difficult to contain than the original variant.