The Apple Creek Fire & EMS Benefit Auction & Haystack Supper
The Apple Creek Fire & EMS will hold its Biennial Benefit Auction & Haystack Supper on Friday, November 8th. This exciting event will be held at the East Union Township Fire Station at 3400 South Apple Creek Road, Apple Creek. Carry-out begins at 3:30PM with supper starting at 4:00PM. Along with the delicious haystack meal, a large selection of locally donated gift certificates, furniture, quilts & crafts, lawn & garden equipment and much more will be sold to the high bidder beginning at 5:30PM. Unique this year and sure to be collectors’ items, include a handcrafted, wooden children’s toy fire/ladder truck; a Henry Firefighter Tribute Edition, lever action .22 caliber rifle; and a handcrafted, wooden, children’s toy fire truck cradle by resident Rex Raber.
A portion of the proceeds will be shared with the Wayne County Underwater Search & Rescue Team to support efforts in purchasing swift water rescue equipment. Residents may recall the team rescued some of our neighbors during the flash flood this past July. Please join us as we support one of Wayne County’s least visible – yet highly valuable safety resources.
Photo caption: Rex Raber and Chief Jimmy Zimmerman with Raber’s handcrafted, wooden, children’s toy fire truck cradle.
- Wayne County Community Foundation approves more than $460,000 in grants
- Thanks to grant, funds now available in Holmes County to demolish vacant buildings
- Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau putting on Mitten Tree drive
- NHL announces salary cap to rise
- Harrison joins three quarterbacks in New York for Heisman ceremony