The Cleveland Browns had five players named to the 2024 Pro Bowl Games on Wednesday night.
The five players named included defensive end Myles Garrett, offensive guard Joel Bitonio, wide receiver Amari Cooper, tight end David Njoku, and cornerback Denzel Ward.
– Myles Garrett, a Defensive Player of the Year candidate, leads the Browns with 14 sacks and 4 forced fumbles while also racking up 17 tackles for loss on the season. This will be Garrett’s fifth Pro Bowl appearance, including his fourth straight.
– Joel Bitonio, who has played in 15 games this season, will be making his sixth straight Pro Bowl appearance.
– Amari Cooper leads the Browns in receiving yards this season with 1,250 yards, including a team record 265 yards against the Houston Texans, and also is second on the team in catches with 72 and receiving touchdowns with 5 touchdowns. Cooper will be making his fifth Pro Bowl appearance and first as a member of the Cleveland Browns.
– David Njoku leads the Browns in catches with 81 and receiving touchdowns with 6 touchdowns, while coming in second in receiving yards with 882 yards. Njoku will be making his first career Pro Bowl apperance.
– Denzel Ward this season has accumulated 11 pass deflections and 2 interceptions, while also racking up 34 total tackles and a forced fumble. Ward will be making his third Pro Bowl appearance.
The Browns also had six players listed as alternates for the Pro Bowl Games, including: outside linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, center Ethan Pocic, offensive guard Wyatt Teller, kicker Dustin Hopkins, and punter Corey Bojorquez.
Player selections were determined by the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches, with each group’s vote counting as one-third toward determining final rosters. The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams.
The Pro Bowl will be held on Feb. 4 and it is returning to Orlando for the first time in three years. This will be the second year for the Pro Bowl Games featuring a multiday AFC versus NFC competition that includes Pro Bowl Skills and culminating in a flag football game. Peyton and Eli Manning will again serve as the head coaches.