Six candidates are vying for the open seat on the Wooster City School District Board of Education. The seat opened when Bill Gantz resigned last month, and the new candidate will fill out Gantz’s term which expires at the end of this year. Interviews are set to begin Thursday, with two more to take place June 15 and 17. New Superintendent Gabe Tudor will not participate in the interview process. The board hopes to hire someone that has a similar skill and mindset as Gantz did in regard to building maintenance and commitment to the district.
- Matthew Darling, senior sales director for Muck Rack
- Nancy Ditmer, retired director of bands and professor of music education at The College of Wooster
- Danielle Schantz; judicial attorney with the Summit County Juvenile Court
- Elizabeth Schiltz, professor of philosophy, College of Wooster
- Jody Starcher, director, customer supply chain initiatives, J.M. Smucker Company
- Erik White, physician, Akron Children’s Hospital.