Wayne County has been awarded some federal funding to develop a Safety Plan for its roadways.  County commissioners recently approved a resolution to use the Department of Transportation grant to hire an environmental company to design the safety plan, which will reportedly cost upwards of $250,000.  The grant will cover 80 percent of the plan’s cost, while the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with local funds generated through license plate fees and gas tax revenue.